Wednesday, February 20, 2008

So many choices...

Over the last several days, my thoughts have shifted faster than desert sands.

At first, it was the thought that this "thorn in the flesh" would prevent our dreams, but thankfully, that was just me overthinking a simple principle. As Paul wrote as many years ago, "...be careful for nothing..."

Now, with new understanding, begins one of the most important decisions in this process. What agency? Thanks to the kind replies of members of the adopt-philippines yahoo group, I am confident in choosing an out-of-state agency if it seems like the best fit for us, though it will require a local agency for our homestudy. But, honestly, the choices are multiple. Initially, I feel really comfortable with what I have heard of Hand-In-Hand International, and I like the fact that one of their offices is in St. Paul; also, the fact that they have a long experience with adoption from the Philippines is very encouraging to me as well. That said, I have heard great things of Wide Horizons as well. There is a local agency, CrossRoads, that may be another option as well...but honestly, I haven't gotten as much feedback about this one. Then, of course, there is Bethany...who hasn't heard of them! *grins*

So, left with too many options, I request prayers that Patrick and I will be given wisdom in making this decision. "...but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God..."

...again, seeking the man of peace...

Paul continues, "...And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus...

Finally,...whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."
~Philippians 4:6-8

No comments: